IGNITE CAPITAL PITCH COMPETITION
GUIDELINES | TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Ignite Capital Pitch Competition is governed by the terms and conditions set out below. By entering the competition, you agree to abide by those terms and conditions, and the decisions of Ignite Capital.
Competition Cycle & Timeline
- The Ignite Capital competition cycle runs once every calendar year.
- In 2017, it opens on June 1, 2017 with a call for entries, and concludes in mid-November (date to be announced)with the pitch presentation and final winner awards.
- The process progresses over several phases which may require applicants to fulfil relevant criteria before a specified date. Failure to do so will result in elimination.
You will find more information in the APPLY section of our website.
- Applicants need to satisfy general conditions, as well as specific conditions related to the award category you opt to participate in.
- To verify your eligibility, Ignite Capital will require a copy of all relevant documents. These may be forwarded to us in hard copy or digitally via email.
You will find more information in the ELIGIBILITY section on our website.
Selection Process & Communication
- The Ignite Capital Selection Committee reserves the right to accept or refuse an application at any stage of the competition process. The committee is not obliged to assign a reason for its decision.
- From time to time throughout the competition cycle, Ignite Capital will issue communication emails related to the competition to all involved applicants
- Our preferred form of communication to you is email, using the email address you provided us with us in your application form.
- Our email address is email@example.com
Requirements & Provisions on the Day of the Competition
- In advance of the date of the competition, Ignite Capital will communicate with each of the finalists via email, informing them of the date and time when they are required to make their business case before the judging panel.
- In case a candidate is unable to be physically present, he/she may communicate via email with Ignite Capital, not less than seven working days before the scheduled start of the competition, stating the reason for non-attendance. In such cases, we can make provisions for a virtual presentation.
- The competition consists of two rounds. Soon after the completion of Round 1, the winners of the round will announced.
- First prize winners from each category are expected to participate in round 2, which follows immediately after the category pitches. The winner of round 2 will be announced during the awards reception following the presentation.
- Finalists are welcome to arrive an hour prior to their scheduled time. A time for a “tech check” will be schedule with each of the finalists
- Finalists must bring their own laptops and equipment and contact Kyle Monczak at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Complimentary refreshments will be served at the venue. Please note that we may not be able to accommodate every food intolerance and/or dietary restriction.
- Ignite Capital is unable to provide travel or accommodation assistance related to your presence at the venue.
Prize Money Compliance
The first prize in each category comprises a grant component and a loan component. Winners are required to access the loan before the grant portion will be made available. Ignite believes that is important for businesses to understand and embrace debt equity in order to start and grow their businesses.
The loan component of the prizes is managed by our partner Alterna Savings. To access the loan amount associated with the prize, you will need to complete a simple account-opening process, which requires you to register online on their website, and pay a $10 processing fee.
Ignite Capital reserves the right to use, without prior notification, permission or payment, any non-financial information related to each participating business, as provided by the applicant, for purposes of publicity.
Publicity may take the form of press releases, articles, interviews, posts on various social media channels and other promotional materials.